EUROPE & INTERNATIONAL AFFAIRS
Main Achievements / AGM Report 2009
• The beginnings of European participation in the MCB delegation to the World Islamic Economic Forum and the subsequent facilitation of bilateral relations between the MCB and European Muslim organisations/young professionals.
• Establishing links with the Council of Europe and the Organisation for Security and Co-Operation in Europe.
• Hosting foreign delegations at the MCB office and maintaining ties with international humanitarian organisations and other NGOs.
• Participating in conferences hosted by foreign embassies and others in countries around the world.
• Lobbying the Foreign Commonwealth Office on issues of European and international interest and significance.
• Contributing to comparative research on the British Muslim community and its European counterparts
• 19 November 2005 - Daud Abdullah addressed Palestinian Solidarity Campaign seminar at University of Exeter
• 22 November 2005 - Chair of E&I Affairs Committee participated along with Mr Chaudery Mueen Uddin in the Voice Editorâs Forum on inter -minority tensions in the aftermath of the Birmingham riots and the way forward. The two-hour discussions are intended to be part of a wider dialogue on matters affecting minority communities in the UK.
• 23 November 2005 - SG Sacranie and ASG Daud Abdullah met with visiting Singapore Minister of Environment and Religious Affairs, Dr Yaqub Ibrahim. The meeting was a follow up on earlier meetings held in the summer aimed at exploring areas of cooperation, particularly in sharing of expertise and experiences.
• 25 November 2005 - DSG Muhammad Abdul Bari and E&IA Chair Daud Abdullah met with visiting Austrian parliamentarian, Mr. Omar al Rawi. They discussed matters affecting Muslims in Europe and explored ways of increasing cooperation.
. 30 November 2005 - MCB to host a dinner discussion with visiting premier of the Republic of South Africa, Cape Province. Representative from national affiliates, MCB office bears, committee chairs and advisors will discuss with the visiting South African leader.