Job Vacancy for an Imam at Canterbury Mosque in Kent.
We are looking for a full time qualified Imam who can answer queries in Fiqh and teach Quran.
**Essential to be in the UK with rights to work full time.**
- He will be responsible for 5 daily congregational prayers.
- Spiritual leadership in a diverse community.
- He must have excellent English and be able to deal with Muslims, reverts and non-Muslim community with Hikmah (wisdom).
- Teach short courses.
- Provide marriage counselling
- Support the aims of the Committee to establish a ‘model Islamic centre’.
- Celebration and Eid prayers.
- Ancillary night prayers through Ramadan.
- Funeral prayers.
- Facilitate school visits.
- Solemnise marriages
- Pay £22 to £30k per annum depending on qualifications and experience.
- Accommodation is available for a single man. Alternatively, wages will enough to cover rent for a local family home.
Please email for a full job description and to submit your application letters and CV to [email protected]
Mosque website: http://www.canterburymosque.co.uk/