The Women’s Conference – London
March 31 | 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
In honour of International Women’s Day, the Muslim Council of Britain and UCL Women’s Network is launching the Women’s Conference.
Designed to equip attendees with practical tools, networks and information, the conference will have a range of workshops and talks covering a range of topics!
What do we have lined up?
- Talks and workshops covering:
- Women and Islamic scholarship,
- Self-defence: the basics,
- Safeguarding and sexual ethics,
- Allies; what can men do?
- Politics and Public life
- and much more!
Taking place in collaboration with several organisations, this event aims to:
- Provide you with an introduction into the Muslim Council of Britain’s programmes related to women
- Provide an opportunity for women of all ages to interact with people from different sectors and find mentors
- Encourage male attendees to understand privilege and how to extend solidarity with women to become allies
- Discuss barriers Muslim women face, and how MCB/other organisations are best placed to deal with these