The UK Government Kickstart Scheme provides funding to employers to create new 6-month job placements for young people aged 16-24 years old, starting from as early as November 2020. The Government funding will cover for each job placement:
- The National Minimum Wage for the young person for 25 hours a week, paid to the employer every 2 months in arrears
- Grant of £1,500 at the beginning, to support the employer in set-up costs (HR, admin etc.)
Please be aware that the employer must:
- Provide line management and oversight for the young person during their placement
- Help the young person gain basic work skills such as attendance, timekeeping, communication, travelling to work etc.
- All roles will be open to young unemployed people as enrolled via a Job Centre . Employers will interview applicants and select the best candidate for the role. However, funding will only be provided if the employer appoints a young person that the Job Centre has introduced.
For more information
To apply for the Kickstart Scheme, an employer must be able to apply for a minimum of 30 placements. However if the employer wishes to apply for less than 30 placements, they need to apply through a representative organisation like MCB. For full details, see: https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/kickstart-scheme#guidance-about-the-kickstart-scheme-for-employers
If you would like to apply to the Kickstart Scheme through MCB, please complete the form below.
Photo by GotCredit