The work of the MCB is largely driven by volunteers who serve in project teams and committees.
Volunteers do not necessarily have to be part of an MCB member organisation, anyone with skills, experience and interest to contribute is welcome. Check out the latest volunteering opportunities below and contact us to get involved.
1. Projects – volunteers currently needed to help expand the work of these projects:
- Proudly Muslims & Black
- COVID19 pandemic response
- Sustainability & Climate Change
- Our Mosques Our Future
- Elderly Care Needs in Muslim Communities
- Women in Mosques
- More information about all live projects here.
2. Consultation submissions – volunteers need to help respond to:
- House of Lords Select Committee on Public Services Inquiry in the light of the Covid-19 experience
- Low Pay Commission
- APPG on British Muslims: British Muslim Response to Covid-19
- View past consultation submissions here
3. Work Placements:
- Media Monitoring internship
- Social Media internship
- Grant Writing internship
- Research internship
- Full details on the above here.
4. Events & Training
5. Full list of teams and committee:
- Membership, Media & Public Affairs, Legal Affairs, Events & Campaigns, Finance & Fundraising, Research & Documentation, Education Affairs, Centre for Media Monitoring Team, International Affairs, Mosque Affairs, Sustainability & Climate Change Team
If you would like to get involved in any of the opportunities outlined above, please get in touch here.