#OurMosquesOurFuture is an annual conference organised by the Muslim Council of Britain (MCB), sharing best practice and good work of UK mosques, but also not shying away from asking the difficult questions on what is holding us back.
Ticketed conferences events on themes including #MoreThanAPrayerSpace, #PeopleNotBuildings and #OurYouthOurFuture in 2018-19 were attended by over 1,200 mosque leaders and volunteers nationwide. In 2020, conference was held online 27-29 November on the theme #BeyondCOVID.
Most Recent Conference: #BeyondCOVID (Nov 2020)
Thank you to all our presenters and supporting partners in 2020:
1. #OurYouthOurFuture, Midlands (Oct 2019)
The most recent Our Mosques Our Future conference is taking place on 12th October 2019 in Leicester City Football Club on the #OurYouthOurFuture.
Over 500 mosque leaders and young people from across Britain gathered at the King Power Stadium in Leicester on 12 October 2019 to explore how mosques can better engage with Muslim youth. View photos below!
2. #PeopleNotBuildings, Manchester (Oct 2018)
Over 400 delegates descended upon the British Muslim Heritage Centre (BMHC) in Manchester to explore how as well as taking care of the buildings that form our mosques, we also focus on the people inside the buildings, as the event theme was #PeopleNotBuildings
View photos from the Manchester conference in October 2018 here and click here read the full speech by Harun Khan, MCB Secretary General.
- After the event, the MCB launched a beta Mosque Resource Portal, sign-posting to over 65 checklists, guidelines and templates designed to help mosque leaders and volunteers run their mosques better.
Click here to view a photo gallery from this conference.
Organisations nationwide that participated in the conference:
3. #morethanaprayerspace, London (Jan 2019)
Friends House in Euston, London, saw the inaugural Our Mosque Our Future conference where 400 delegates nationwide attended. Alongside 8 speakers, 9 workshops and over 10 exhibitors on the theme #morethanaprayerspace
Two follow-up initiatives were launched after the conference:
- A 4-month consultation which resulted in the publication of a report with 10 recommendations entitled: Developing Better Mosques: A summary of the consultation results of Better Mosques: A Community Consultation 2018
- Launch of the pilot Women in Mosques Development Programme in March 2018
- Click here more more information about the January 2018 conference or view photos below.
- More photos below.
Stay in the loop
Keep up to date with this project and others by the MCB!