The weekly Friday congregational prayer (Jumuah) for Muslims takes place on Fridays just after noon, which features a sermon by the Imam (spiritual leader of congregation).
The Muslim Council of Britain (MCB) encourages Imams delivering sermons to tackle a wide variety of topics affecting Muslim communities and British society.
The following are Template Friday Sermons (Khutbahs) which have been drafted and used by MCB Affiliates and friends.
Click to download and share with your Imam at your local mosque(s)!
List of Templates Friday Sermons (PDFs)
- Foster Friday – 5th April 2019
- Women in Islam – International Women’s Day – 8th March 2019
- Visit My Mosque – Islam and the Environment
- Supporting those with Cancer: MacMillan Cancer Support
- Remembering the Srebrenica Genocide – July – (And more faith resources here)
- #VisitMyMosque Days / Importance of our neighbours
- Eliminating Racism: Black History Month
- Saving Lives: First Aid & CPR
- Keeping Safe & Reporting Hate Crime
- The Muslim Vote & Taking Part in Elections
- Islamophobia and your congregation’s safety
- Mental Health: An Introduction
Sign up to receive emails updates on new template Friday sermons when they are released!
Feedback and suggestions for new template Friday sermons are always welcome. Feel free to get in touch here.